Bio-Hazard Tips for Homes and Businesses
SERVPRO of North Clay County has helped home owners and businesses with fire, smoke and water damage clean up. But did you know that SERVPRO of North Clay County/Oakleaf/North Middleburg professionals are trained and certified in Bio-Hazard clean up? Here are some helpful tips on what to do until help arrives if you experience crime scene, vandalism or bio-hazard damage in your home or business.
- Hose or wash egg damage from your building exterior as soon as possible
- Vacuum glass particles from carpets
- Save containers which reveal the ingredients of spilled inks, cosmetics and paints
- Don’t attempt to remove ink, paint or cosmetic stains.
- Operate damage lamps or appliances
- Discard furniture wood chips, broken pieces from porcelain, furniture or art objects.
(Sewage, blood borne pathogens, etc.)
- Stay out of affected areas
- Call emergency service personnel if the situation is life-threatening
- Treat all bodily fluids as if they are contaminated.
- Attempt cleanup of any kind
- Touch or handle items that might be contaminated with bodily fluids.
These Emergency Tips will assist you in taking the proper actions until SERVPRO professionals arrive to your home or business.
Please follow these Dos and DON’Ts to help reduce damage and increase the chances of a successful restoration. Call SERVPRO of North Clay County/Oakleaf/North Middleburg at (904) 861-8870 for assistance with any Bio-Hazard cleanup. We are available 24/7/365 to serve our residents and businesses.