Business Recovery Stats
SERVPRO will help you with any size disaster! With Hurricane Season approaching rapidly, now is the time to prepare if you haven't already! SERVPRO can be of assistance with an ERP.
Statistics on Business Recovery
- Almost than 40% of businesses never reopen after a disaster. (FEMA)
- 75% of small businesses do not have a disaster recovery plan.
- 52% say it would take at least 3 months for them to recover from disaster.
- 26% of business owners believed that there was a low likelihood that they or their business would be affected by natural disaster.
The Columbia County Emergency Management Council has put together a very informative graphic on the subject of preparedness. The link to that infographic is (HERE).
Here are some statistics cited by EKU's "TOP NATURAL DISASTERS that Threaten Businesses."
- Between the years 2000-2013, natural disasters cost the global insurance industry around $37 billion
- In totality, natural disasters have cost the global economy $2.5 trillion
- 1 in 3 small business owners say they have been personally affected by a storm or extreme weather
- Small businesses, on average, lose $3,000 a day after closing due to a major storm
- 84% of small businesses do NOT have disaster insurance
- Additionally, 71% of owners do not own a backup generator in case of power outage
- Every state in The Southeast is at risk for Hurricane damage with Texas being the largest target of Natural Disasters.
Florida has the longest coastline of any state in the continental U.S., so it's no surprise it’s among the most vulnerable to severe storms. The average cost of disasters over the last five year has been $451 per year for every household. Hurricane Michael made 2018 an especially costly year, with $9.9 billion in damage across the state.
Call us at 904-861-8870 if you need additional information regarding our services.