Archived Blog Posts
Covid-19 Has Changed What It Means To Be Clean. Is Your Business Ready?
GETTING BACK TO BUSINESS RELIES ON GETTING YOUR CUSTOMERS BACK THROUGH THE DOORS.
While SERVPRO here in Orange Park wishes safety and good health for all, you must be prepared for cleaning after a case. Do you know who you will call to clean after a case? SERVPRO of North Clay County/Oakleaf/North Middleburg has the staff with experience and the tools to decontaminate your business. We are used to helping before, during and after challenging and unfamiliar events. Trust SERVPRO to thoroughly decontaminate after a positive case or if no case just to offer some reassurance to your employees & customers. We can help make it safe again and/or offer some peace of mind.
Put your trust in the nations #1 choice for cleanup and restoration. SERVPRO Cleaned is a defensive program that goes way beyond janitorial or carpet cleaning - always adhering to the cleaning and decontamination standards set by the CDC. SERVPRO professionals have been on the frontlines of proactive and reactive COVID-related cleanup and are Here to Help as your business begins to reopen.
Call us at 904-861-8870 to answer questions regarding services we can offer!
The Urge to Spring Clean
The Urge to Spring clean
Spring is just around the corner and with spring comes the spring cleaning. It’s the time of year when people feel the need to take big cleaning projects, indoors and outdoors. But why? Is it because of the cold and general gloominess of the winter? Is it because we are constantly inside that we feel there is no point in thoroughly cleaning?
If could be because the general idea of spring cleaning (removing furniture, carpets, or even cleaning out the garage) is just rooted in the idea to get the house in order. In our past, our houses became more dirty in the winter. Before the furnace, the house was heated with a wood burning stove or fireplace. Getting the sooty mess out of the home every spring could be a ritual we keep today.
One of the things that most people look forward to with the warm weather is opening the windows and letting the fresh air in and the dust from the long winter out. If could be that with the fresh air we want a fresh home.
While the urge to clean is strong, it’s a good time to get your air ducts and carpet cleaned. A good rule of thumb would be to professionally clean your carpet every 12 months. Possibly sooner if you have children or pets. The best advice is to clean carpets before they become totally saturated with soil. If you wait until carpets look really dirty, the carpets may never be restored to their former appearance. Dirt builds up in layers, and when a carpet look dirty you are only seeing the dirt at the tips of the fibers. More dirt is hiding below the surface down near the base of the pile, causing damage to the carpet. When a carpet is saturate with dirt, the soil has penetrated crevices and has become firmly lodged.
With carpet cleaning being recommended every year, the spring cleaning time is a good way to remember to get your carpet cleaned regularly.
The amount of time between air duct cleanings can vary. Ventilation systems are often the biggest culprit in poor indoor air quality. If your HVAC has been operating for some time without attention, it could be circulating dust, pollen, odors, dirt and debris, or other contaminants. If you notice an excessive amount of dust in your home, it may be a good time to get your ductwork inspected.
SERVPRO of North Clay County/Oakleaf/Middlerburg can help with your spring cleaning. With a long list of cleaning services, we can help you get through the spring cleaning urge and with much less effort. With services from whole home cleanings, to simply just having your carpets cleaned. We will get the job done right! You know SERVPRO as a leader in Fire and Water Cleanup and Restoration, but our professional residential cleaning services can also make a dirty carpet “Like it never even happened.”
Call us today. 904-861-8870.
Cleaning and Disinfecting Your Facility
A Guide to Employers
As much as we are here for you if you need our services we also always attempt to advise our customers on things they can do themselves. We are here to help! SERVPRO of North Clay County/Oakleaf/North Middleburg located in Orange Park is always interested in helping our community in anyway possible. Here are some recommendations from the CDC.
How to clean and disinfect:
Clean surfaces using soap and water. Practice routine cleaning of frequently touched surfaces. High touch surfaces include: Tables, doorknobs, light switches, countertops, handles, desks, phones, keyboards, toilets, faucets, sinks, etc.
Clean the area or item with soap and water or another detergent if it is dirty. Then, use disinfectant. Follow the instructions on the label to ensure safe and effective use of the product.
Many products recommend:
Keeping surface wet for a period of time (see product label)
Precautions such as wearing gloves and making sure you have good ventilation during use of the product.
Download CDC Employer Guidelines
Alcohol solutions with at least 70% alcohol may also be used.
Additional Considerations for Employers
• Educate workers performing cleaning, laundry, and trash pick-up to recognize the symptoms of COVID-19.
• Provide instructions on what to do if they develop symptoms within 14 days after their last possible exposure to the virus.
• Develop policies for worker protection and provide training to all cleaning staff on site prior to providing cleaning tasks.
? Training should include when to use PPE, what PPE is necessary, how to properly don (put on), use, and doff (take off) PPE, and how to properly dispose of PPE.
• Ensure workers are trained on the hazards of the cleaning chemicals used in the workplace in accordance with OSHA’s Hazard Communication standard.
• Comply with OSHA’s standards on Bloodborne Pathogens, including proper disposal of regulated waste, and PPE.
For facilities that house people overnight:
• Follow CDC’s guidance for colleges and universities. Work with state and local health officials to determine the best way to isolate people who are sick and if temporary housing is needed.
• For guidance on cleaning and disinfecting the bedroom/bathroom for someone who is sick, review CDC’s guidance on disinfecting your home if someone is sick. The content of this email is republished from the Center for Disease Control website at: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/.
Please refer to their website for more detailed information. We provide services in Orange Park, Oakleaf and Middleburg.
Need help for Water Damage Situations in Your Home
When you need help, call us! We are trained to help you in these situations.
Water can be damaging. It can permeate through solid materials like concrete or cinder blocks if given enough time and makes its way into any crack or crevice found on your property. It is thoughtless, unconcerned, or impartial to whether it does damage to your home. SERVPRO can help with water damage situations.
How a professional can help
A professional water damage restoration specialist in Orange Park, Florida can help you fight back against water issues plaguing your home. With a variety of tools, experience, and training a quality technician can make the most of what your insurance company provides and work hard to produce the results you deserve. There is no reason for you to take problems like this on alone, in fact, it is likely better that you seek help from the start.
Types of water damage situations
SERVPRO of North Clay County/Oakleaf/North Middleburg has technicians that respond to a variety of water intrusion situations, providing customers with a solution to each one in detail. During the winter months, you may have problems with frozen or broken pipes. When a pipe bursts, you can easily find your home filled with over 6-inches of water within minutes.
SERVPRO also responds to a variety of issues concerning washing machines or dishwashers. A malfunctioning appliance can flood your home within minutes, leaving little time to react. Causing serious damage to your flooring, furniture, and belongings, or even leading to additional hazards that make it hard to recover.
Water damage restoration at a glance
It takes industrial-grade water extraction equipment and infrared moisture detectors to get water out of every nook and cranny; it is just not enough to mop up and move on. Cleaning, deodorization, and sanitation technicians with the proper IICRC certification provide you with your best opportunity for recovery.
All you have to do is contact SERVPRO of North Clay County/Oakleaf/North Middleburg located in Orange Park, Florida to receive professional quality help for all your water damage needs. We can help you recover from most of the problems that occur in your home, so call today (904) 861-8870. We are available 24 hours a day to assist you.
Entertaining or Just Cooking on the Grill? Use these practices to ensure safety!
During these times of staying home more and cooking for the family..... make sure you use the following tips to keep your home safe.
Every year, 7,000 Americans are injured while using backyard barbecue grills. It's usually a case of good products used incorrectly.
1. Keep your grill at least 10 feet away from your house. Farther is even better. This includes portions attached to your house like carports, garages and porches. Grills should not be used underneath wooden overhangs either, as the fire could flare up into the structure above. This applies to both charcoal and gas grills.
2. Clean your grill regularly. If you allow grease and fat to build up on your grill, they provide more fuel for a fire. Grease is a major source of flare ups.
3. Check for gas leaks. You can make sure no gas is leaking from your gas grill by making a solution of half liquid dish soap and half water, then rubbing it on the hoses and connections. When you turn the gas on, with the grill lid open, the soap forms large bubbles, that's a sign that the hoses have tiny holes or that the connections are not tight enough.
4. Keep decorations away from your grill. Decorations like hanging baskets, pillows, and umbrellas look pretty AND provide fuel for a fire. To make matters worse, today's decor is mostly made of artificial fibers that burn fast and hot, making this tip even more important.
5. Keep a spray bottle of water handy. That way, if you have a minor flare-up you can spray it with the water to instantly calm it. The bonus of this tip is that water won't harm your food, so dinner won't be ruined!
6. Keep a fire extinguisher within a couple steps of your grill. And KNOW HOW TO USE IT. If you are unsure how to use the extinguisher, don't waste time fiddling with it before calling 911. Firefighters say many fire deaths occur when people try to fight a fire themselves instead of calling for expert help and letting the fire department do its job.
7. Turn on the gas while your grill lid is closed. NEVER do this. It causes gas to build up inside your grill, and when you do light it and open it, a fireball can explode in your face.
8. Leave a grill unattended. Fires double in size every minute. Plan ahead so that all of your other food prep chores are done and you can focus on grilling.
9. Overload your grill with food. This applies especially to fatty meats. The basic reason for this tip is that if too much fat drips on the flames at once, it can cause a large flare-up that could light nearby things on fire.
10. Use a grill indoors. People often think it will be safe to use a grill, especially a small one, indoors. NOT TRUE. In addition to the fire hazard, grills release carbon monoxide; a deadly, colorless, and odorless gas. That gas needs to vent in fresh air or it can kill you, your family, and your pets.
WE OFFER EMERGENCY COVID-19 CLEANING & SANITATION SERVICES
Prepared and Ready to handle all situations!
The coronavirus has changed what it means to clean.
In the year 2019 B.C. (Before Coronavirus), homeowners or their housekeepers could basically scrub, wipe, dust and vacuum their way to a clean house.
But now many homeowners are hiring companies with specialized tools and chemicals to disinfect their homes as a way to protect themselves and their businesses to protect not only employees but their customers.
We understand the dire need of proper disinfectant services to combat the spread of COVID-19. We offer services to deep clean and disinfect your business, school, or other commercial property as well as your own home. No more guessing whether you have cleaned that doorknob or entire wall.
Our Protocols and Certification:
- We wear protective gear (masks, gloves, protective uniforms) when necessary. i.e. a confirmed case of Covid - 19
- We use the highest quality, approved by the CDC, sanitization products
- We are certified by the Institute of Inspection Cleaning and Restoration, Restoration Industry Association
SERVPRO is outfitted with the necessary tools and skills to combat this situation and help protect your employees and clients.
24/7/365 - HERE TO HELP!
WE ARE HERE TO HELP 24/7/365
Nobody can predict when a water heater will burst, a pipe will break, or your stove will catch fire while you’re cooking. That is why SERVPRO of North Clay County/Oakleaf/North Middleburg is always available, twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week.
Within minutes, water will quickly spread, saturating everything in its path. Water is absorbed into walls, floors, upholstery, and belongings. Within the first 24 hours drywall begins to swell and break down, metal surfaces begin to tarnish and furniture begins to swell and crack. The earlier SERVPRO can get to the scene, the faster water can be extracted from the area and the important step of drying and mitigation can begin.
Fire and smoke is especially destructive. Not only does the structure suffer physical damage, smoke and soot can creep into tiny spaces and settle there, leaving a lingering odor and settling in air ducts, furniture, clothes, and crevices. In many instances property will also suffer from water damage from firefighting efforts.
Immediate response can mean all the difference in further issues .If you wait too long, there is the possibility of the appearance of mold and mildew, wood flooring begins to swell and warp or metal and paint being affected. The longer an area remains unmitigated, restoration time and cost increase dramatically; replacing contaminated materials and structural rebuilding may be extensive.
So remember that SERVPRO of North Clay County/Oakleaf/North Middleburg is available day or night, we are always on call, and we’re here to help. 24/7/365 you can reach us at 904-861-8870.
SERVPRO, here to help
Here to Help
Each one of us is learning to live a little differently these days with "social distancing." We pray you and your family and businesses are being successful practicing a safe distance from everyone.
During times like this we come to realize how strong we truly are. We hope you are taking as many precautions as you can to keep your home and business safe.
If you find yourself in need of some extra deep cleaning and are unable to do so, please feel free to call SERVPRO of North Clay County, Oakleaf and Middleburg to help you out.
We can help minimize the spread of germs with proactive cleaning! At SERVPRO, we’re trained to adhere to the highest cleaning and sanitization standards, making us the #1 choice for cleanup and restoration. Call 904-861-8870 to see how we can help clean your home or business.
We are Cleaning Experts
SERVPRO is Here to Help during this time of need
During this unprecedented time caused by the global pandemic of coronavirus, this is a reminder to our customers that we are specialists in cleaning services, and we adhere to the highest cleaning and sanitation standards.
We are prepared to clean and disinfect your home or business, according to protocols set forth by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. We have years of experience in dealing with biological contaminants, and we will go beyond the scope of work that regular janitorial staff perform on a daily basis.
The CDC encourages cleaning of high-touch surfaces such as counters, tabletops, doorknobs, light switches, bathroom fixtures, toilets, phones, keyboards, tablets and tables. Other spaces mentioned in the CDC’s guidance for commercial spaces include:
- Kitchen/Food Areas
- Retail Spaces
- Water Fountains
- Sales Counters
- Carpets and Rugs
- Stair Handrails
- Elevator Cars
- Playground Equipment
- Fitness Equipment
The CDC recommends usage of a labeled hospital-grade disinfectant with claims against similar pathogens to the coronavirus. Multiple products in the SERVPRO product line carry the EPA-approved emerging pathogens claims. While there is currently no product tested against this particular strain of the coronavirus, we are following all guidelines as provided by the CDC and local authorities.
Call Today for a Proactive Cleaning
If your home or business needs deep cleaning services, call the experts today – SERVPRO of North Clay County/Oakleaf/North Middleburg, 904-861-8870. Also serving Westside Orange Park & Baker County.
Severe Spring Weather Tips
Be prepared for whatever spring brings.
While spring brings the promise of warm weather and longer days, it also brings a variety of conditions that can include heavy rains and severe weather, which can increase your flood risk. Take action to protect yourself, your family, and your business—before a weather event occurs and it’s too late.
April marks the start of the rainy season. Spring storms can bring several inches of rain in only a matter of hours or there can be consistent rainfall for days. These heavy rains can lead to severe flooding by over-saturating the ground, overfilling storm drains, or rivers spilling over their banks.
As one of the most common hazards in the United States, it’s important we prepare for the potential disaster that flooding can cause. Even if you feel you live in a community with a low risk of flooding, remember that anywhere it rains, it can flood. Just because you haven’t experienced a flood in the past, doesn’t mean you won’t in the future.
In order help prepare you for the possibility of a flood, we offer you these tips:
- Build an emergency kit and make a family communications plan
- Avoid building in a floodplain unless you elevate and reinforce your home
- Elevate the furnace, water heater and electric panel in your home if you live in an area that has a high flood risk
- Install check-valves to prevent flood water from backing up into the drains of your home
- Seal basement walls and floor with waterproofing compounds to prevent seepage through cracks
- Always keep your gutters and downspouts clean to allow water to flow freely
- Prepare a flood evacuation plan
- Know how to safely shut-off utilities
- Keep insurance and vital records in a water-proof box
- Have a portable radio to listen for important current information
When your home sustains water damage from flooding, you should call SERVPRO of North Clay County/Oakleaf/North Middleburg immediately. SERVPRO of North Clay County/Oakleaf/North Middleburg professionals have the expertise to prevent or mitigate the devastating effects that water damage can have.
SERVPRO of North Clay County/Oakleaf/North Middleburg covering the West Side Orange Park has the equipment and experience necessary to handle the most challenging water damage and removal situations and we are available around-the-clock. Call us at (904) 861-8870, and we’ll return your home back to normal, "Like it never even happened."
Is Air Duct Cleaning Worth It?
Is it time to have your HVAC Ductwork Cleaned?
Deciding when (or even if) your air ducts need a good clean out is one of the trickier parts of homeownership. While there is little scientific evidence as to whether routine air duct cleaning improves air quality, experts agree air ducts should be clean when there's clear evidence that they're dirty.
Some people notice an immediate improvement in air quality, less dust on furniture and the entire HVAC system works more efficiently.
Checking and changing filters, keeping systems maintained, having regular inspections, and ensuring moisture doesn't get in are more important check lists or maintenance ideas.
With more air flow you may use your system less in the summertime and heater less in the winter. There are many positives to having the duct system cleaned in your home or business.
Call us at 904-861-8870 here in Orange Park, Oakleaf, Middleburg, McClenney and North Clay County to get a free quote and inspection.
We look forward to being the honest company that gains your trust.
Knowing, Understanding & Who Can Help
Faster to YOUR disaster
SERVPRO is here to help make sure your disaster seems "Like it never even happened."
Damage That Can Be Done..
No one likes to think about the possible ails of a disaster attacking your property. SERVPRO wants to help you become more knowledgeable. Understanding the extent of potential damage is key to taking the right steps in getting your property back to pre-damage condition! SERVPRO of North Clay County/Oakleaf/North Middleburg is here to help. Handling the west side of Orange Park as well, we are here to help when you need us!
Water Damage Timeline
- Water quickly spreads throughout your property, saturating everything in its path.
- Water is absorbed into walls, floors, upholstery, and belongings.
- Furniture finishes may bleed, causing permanent staining on carpets.
- Photographs, books, and other paper goods start to swell and warp.
Hours 1 - 24:
- Drywall begins to swell and break down.
- Metal surfaces begin to tarnish.
- Furniture begins to swell and crack.
- Dyes and inks from cloth and paper goods spread and stain.
- A musty odor appears.
48 Hours to 1 Week:
- Mold and mildew may grow and spread.
- Doors, windows, and studs swell and warp.
- Metal begins to rust and corrode.
- Furniture warps and shows signs of mold.
- Paint begins to blister.
- Wood flooring swells and warps.
- Serious biohazard contamination is possible.
More Than 1 Week:
- Restoration time and cost increase dramatically; replacing contaminated materials and structural rebuilding may be extensive.
- Structural safety, mold growth, and biohazard contaminants pose serious risks to occupants.
Know which type of fire you have had to enable mitigation cleaning to be successful!
Be sure to know which kind of soot you are mitigating so you don't cause MORE DAMAGE!
Did you know that there are four different types of smoke? Wet, Dry, Oily, and Protein
Wet smoke - Plastic and Rubber
- Low heat, smoldering, pungent odor, sticky, smeary. Smoke webs are more difficult to clean.
Dry Smoke - Paper and Wood
- Fast burning, high temperatures, heat rises therefore smoke rises.
Oily Smoke - Grease, Fuel Burning, and Burnt Plastics
- Easily smeared, resistant to wet cleaning
Protein Fire Residue - Produced by evaporation of material rather than from a fire
- Virtually invisible, discolors paints and varnishes, extreme pungent odor.
Our Fire Damage Restoration Services
Since each smoke and fire damage situation is a little different, each one requires a unique solution tailored for the specific conditions. We have the equipment, expertise, and experience to restore your fire and smoke damage. We will also treat your family with empathy and respect and your property with care.
Have questions about Fire, Smoke, or Soot Damage?
Call Us Today - SERVPRO of North Clay County/Oakleaf/North Middleburg are ready to respond and answer your questions on how to tell which type your fire might have been and also clean. If you don't know which type soot it is, you can DO MORE DAMAGE by trying to clean yourself. You also have to know what kind of paint you have or you could do more damage as well. You can reach us at 904-861-8870 and we will be glad to assist you. We also cover the west side of Orange Park in Clay County, Macclenny in Baker County and Starke in Bradford County.
Storms or Cleaning, We are here for you!
We are here for you when you need us!
SERVPRO Storm Response
The team here at SERVPRO of North Clay County/Oakleaf/North Middleburg is ready for whatever happens, no matter the time, night or day. When it comes to fire & water damage, our professionals work endlessly to make sure our customers are happy and that we walk them through each step of the cleaning process.
We're Highly Trained Storm Damage Specialists
As leaders in the storm and water damage industry, we have advanced training and expertise, not to mention a tremendous amount of hands-on experience. We use this training and experience to quickly dry your home and restore it back to pre-storm condition.
We're Quick to Any Size Disaster
When a storm hits your home or business, you need help immediately. Our quick response will help prevent secondary damage and help reduce restoration costs.
We Have the Resources to Handle Storms and Disasters
We can access the resources and personnel of 1,700 Franchises to handle major storms and disasters. We also have access to special Disaster Recovery Teams strategically located throughout the country to respond to catastrophic storms and events.
Locally Owned and Operated
SERVPRO of North Clay County/Oakleaf/North Middleburg is locally owned and operated, so we are part of this community too. Westside Orange Park is where we grew up and went to school. When you have a storm event or flooding emergency, we are in the area and ready to help.
Have Storm or Flood Damage?
Call SERVPRO of North Clay County/Oakleaf/North Middleburg today (904)861-8870
Bio-Hazard Tips for Homes and Businesses
Protect yourself by using personal protective equipment during any type of bio hazard situation.
SERVPRO of North Clay County has helped home owners and businesses with fire, smoke and water damage clean up. But did you know that SERVPRO of North Clay County/Oakleaf/North Middleburg professionals are trained and certified in Bio-Hazard clean up? Here are some helpful tips on what to do until help arrives if you experience crime scene, vandalism or bio-hazard damage in your home or business.
- Hose or wash egg damage from your building exterior as soon as possible
- Vacuum glass particles from carpets
- Save containers which reveal the ingredients of spilled inks, cosmetics and paints
- Don’t attempt to remove ink, paint or cosmetic stains.
- Operate damage lamps or appliances
- Discard furniture wood chips, broken pieces from porcelain, furniture or art objects.
(Sewage, blood borne pathogens, etc.)
- Stay out of affected areas
- Call emergency service personnel if the situation is life-threatening
- Treat all bodily fluids as if they are contaminated.
- Attempt cleanup of any kind
- Touch or handle items that might be contaminated with bodily fluids.
These Emergency Tips will assist you in taking the proper actions until SERVPRO professionals arrive to your home or business.
Please follow these Dos and DON’Ts to help reduce damage and increase the chances of a successful restoration. Call SERVPRO of North Clay County/Oakleaf/North Middleburg at (904) 861-8870 for assistance with any Bio-Hazard cleanup. We are available 24/7/365 to serve our residents and businesses.
Are your employees complaining?
Is your ductwork causing employees to call out sick?
Knowledge about the potential benefits and possible problems of air duct cleaning is limited. Since conditions in every business are different, it is impossible to generalize about whether or not air duct cleaning in your business would be beneficial. Sometimes if you have noticed an above average amount of employees experiencing sickness this could be a quick fix to help with making sure the building is "clean" of allergy promoters.
You should inspect your ducts if your furniture is excessively dusty or if you notice your registers (vents) are dust filled. After a visual inspection of the inside of the ducts, you see no indication that your air ducts are contaminated with large deposits of dust or mold (no musty odor or visible mold growth), having your air ducts cleaned is probably unnecessary. On the other hand, if someone in your business suffers from allergies, unexplained symptoms or illnesses you may want to consider having your ducts cleaned. It is normal for the return registers to get dusty as dust-laden air is pulled through the grate. This does not indicate that your air ducts are contaminated with heavy deposits of dust or debris; the registers can be easily vacuumed or removed and cleaned.
Contact SERVPRO of North Clay County/Oakleaf/North Middleburg @ (904) 861-8870 to have your ducts cleaned today!! We also provide services in West Orange Park & MacClenney.
Welcome to our new home
Our new location
As Oakleaf, Middleburg and the surrounding areas grow and expand, so does the need for a company with the fantastic reputation of SERVPRO. With the opening of our SERVPRO of North Clay County, Oakleaf and Middleburg office, we will be able to better assist our local community with water removal and dehumidification, cleaning of airducts and HVAC systems among other services 24 hours a day. Our goal is to take whatever problem you have contacted us about and make it "Like it never even happened."
As we expand our footprint over the North Clay County, Oakleaf and Middleburg area, we would like to bring the great Customer Service and reputation that SERVPRO provides to more of our new neighbors who maybe haven't heard of us or used SERVPRO personally. We look forward to growing with our new blossoming community.